Do you want to create a Yahoo email account, but are unsure of where to start? This blog post will walk you through the process step by step, outlining everything that you need to know. You’ll be able to do it in 8 simple steps!
How to Create an mail Account in 6 Simple Steps.
- First, open your browser and go to the Yahoo Mail homepage. Select “Sign up for a new account” from the welcome sign on the left-hand side of the page. This will take you to another page where you’ll be able to input your personal information and create a username (you can also choose this at random). Fill in all of the appropriate fields and click “Create an account.”
- Next, you’ll be asked to log in. If this is your first time logging into Yahoo Mail, type your email address and password (if not already there) and then enter a security question. You can add an answer if desired, but it’s optional; for example: What was your first pet’s name?
- You will now be redirected to a page where you can create your account settings. You’ll input when the emails should come in, how often they are sent out, and select what type of inbox (default is “Inbox”). Once everything looks good, click on the blue button that says “Done” at the bottom.
- Now you’ll be able to see your Yahoo Mail inbox in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. To access other features and sections, click on “Yahoo” at the top right-hand side of your page. You can now customize settings for a variety of things like junk mail, language preferences, etc., as well as delete and manage Yahoo Mail.
- At the bottom of your screen, you’ll see a list with all of the folders that are in your inbox-click on one to open it up. You can also create new ones based on what type of email account you have (Gmail, Thunderbird, etc.). To do this, just type the name of your new folder, and then press “Create” at the bottom right-hand side of your screen.
- It’s that easy! Now you have a Yahoo account set up. You’ll be able to access all of your emails, as well as create new ones and folders for organizing them into different sections. Happy emailing!
How do I create an email account on Yahoo?
You can easily sign up for a Yahoo! Mail account if you are over the age of 13. You may also need to meet certain requirements, such as providing your name and birth date. After filling out a few simple fields, it’s time to choose your inbox style:
Default style: a simple, clean inbox
Spam protection: filters junk mail into one folder for easy viewing and sorting
Social Inbox: connects to your Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr account so you can see updates in your Yahoo! Mail account as they happen. This is currently only available on the desktop version of Yahoo! Mail
Some security features Yahoo offers are:
All mail is encrypted as it travels between your computer and the server
You can set up a secondary email address to receive messages that you don’t want to be delivered to your primary inbox. This lets you filter spam or other unwanted messages out of your main inbox without having to delete them from